The amount and nature of personal data I use depends on our working relationship. For example:
- If you choose to receive monthly updates from me, your name and email address will be securely stored in MailChimp. MailChimp has a double opt-in process and secure servers to ensure that you wish to be on my mailing list, and that your details are kept safe. You will not be contacted by me for any other purpose unless you ask for further information, your details are not passed on to anyone else, and you’re free to unsubscribe at any time.
- If you choose to make an initial appointment with me, your contact details are held securely on Zoho, my CRM system. My assistant, Carol, has access to these and may contact you on my behalf to confirm appointments etc. Carol does not have access to your medical notes.
- Any notes made during the consultation, or subsequent ones are in hard copy. These are stored in a locked cabinet in a locked office when not in use, and out of sight of others when in transit. You are welcome to have a copy of your notes at any point but will be charged an admin fee to cover costs.
- All conversations and notes relating to your treatment are kept confidential unless there are exceptional circumstances. You will be asked to sign a Patient Agreement prior to starting a course of treatment with me which will explain this further. Both your medical notes and hard copies of my accounting documents are kept securely for a minimum of 7 years in accordance with legal and insurance requirements.
- Payment data held depends on your method of payment. I use PayPal and Wave to manage my accounts and payments and both companies are based outside the EU. Whilst they securely store your contact details, I have opted that neither store your payment details for security reasons.
- Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that laptops and phones which may hold personal data are kept secure. Virus software is kept up to date and all devices require passwords/PINS in order to gain access.
- Data security is very important and efforts to ensure compliance with GDPR regulations remain ongoing. Please ask if you would like any further information about how your data is stored and used.